Who says caramels apples are just for the fall?! I vote for caramel apple season to be all year round, and in fact after tasting these Caramel Apple Chia Puddings my family agrees.
They are quite possibly the easiest breakfast (or even dessert) you can make, I mean we’re talkin’ 10 minutes max if you make and chill your chia pudding overnight. Five minutes of prep time the night before, five minutes to make the caramel and put it all together. Boom. Done. I happened to try this vegan caramel from Pinch Of Yum and fell in love. It’s rich, and oh so amazing! I like that it’s made with almond butter! I can’t wait to use it to make caramel apples as it hardens pretty close to “real” caramel too. Pure geniusness.
I have been quite obsessed with chia pudding lately. I think I need to vow to always have it in my fridge. The benefits of chia seeds are amazing, it’s easy, yummy- it pretty much checks all the boxes. I topped mine with apple chips, but you could also dice up a regualr apple and throw that on top with some non-dairy whipped topping (if desired). So without futher ado, here’s this fantastic Caramel Apple Chia Pudding recipe! Be sure to tag me in your re-creations on Instagram and Facebook.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, (I used white chia seeds)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- dried apple chips or freshly diced apple, (I used Bare Snacks Apple Chips)
- non-dairy whipped topping, (optional)
- Make your chia pudding the night before and allow it to "gel up" overnight. I add all my ingredients in a mason jar and shake it up until well combined
- **NOTE: I will re-shake a few times before heading to bed to ensure the chia seeds don't settle on the bottom
- The next day, melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a small saucepan over medium heat, then whisk in the almond butter, vanilla, and salt. Whisk constantly until it starts to thicken, then remove from heat
- Place your chia pudding in bowls/cups, top with caramel and apple chips/fresh apple and whipped topping!
** Vegan caramel recipe is from Pinch of Yum