Top your favorite gluten-free toast with a cherry tomato basil mixture, and top with avocado, vegan parmesan cheese, micro greens and flake salt. This Bruschetta Avocado Toast is an easy and delicious vegan savory breakfast!
Two fabulous dishes come together to make an even more fabulous dish! For bruschetta lovers- you’re gonna love this one. And for avocado toast lovers… well, you’re also going to love this recipe. Bruschetta Avocado Toast is the best savory breakfast and is so easy to make too.
You’ll start by combining sweet cherry tomatoes with fresh basil leaves, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, onion powder, salt, and pepper and letting all those flavors marinate together. I had an assortment of cherry tomatoes to use up and I love how all of the colors look on this gorgeous toast! You could also make this the night before and keep it stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
Next, you’ll “grill” two slices of your favorite gluten-free bread in a skillet with some olive oil so that each side is nice a toasty. You may also toast the bread in the toaster, but I love the flavor of the bread grilled and it doesn’t take too much longer this way- it’s perfect while you wait on the tomato mixture.
Slice the avocado however you’d like… you could even smash the avocado and put that on the bottom and top the smashed avocado with the tomatoes. There’s no right or wrong way to make this Bruschetta Avocado Toast 😉 You’ll probably scarf it down so fast it won’t matter much what it looks like, haha.
Then to finish it off, I like to garnish my avocado toast with fresh micro greens, vegan parmesan cheese, and flake salt. You could even try some red pepper flakes too, if you’d like a little kick. This recipe will make 2-3 toasts and is probably single serve, so feel free to double this Bruschetta Avocado Toast recipe if you’re sharing with friends or family.
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 large avocado
- vegan parmesan cheese
- flake salt (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, onion powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set the bowl aside for 20 minutes to let all of the flavors marinate together. You could also make this the night before and keep it stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add the gluten-free bread and "grill" the bread until it's toasted, then flip and grill the other side.
- Slice the avocado however you'd like.
- When the bread slices are crispy on both sides remove from the skillet and rub each slice generously with the garlic clove. Spoon the tomato mixture over top, then add the avocado slices and garnish with vegan parmesan cheese, microgreens and flake salt. Enjoy immediately.