A 15-minute wholesome breakfast that tastes like dessert! This banana cream pie oatmeal only requires 7-ingredients, is naturally sweetened, gluten-free, and vegan! Top with chopped walnuts, cinnamon, chia seeds, and caramelized bananas.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Svelte. The opinions and text are all mine. The Svelte product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal… enter into the hero of oatmeals. It’s filling it’s nutritious, and it’s sweetened naturally! It’s fragrant and hardy and all the things you might expect when you sit down for a warm breakfast. This Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal transports you right to dessert without all the sugar so you can feel good about getting your day started off right. Oh! And did I mention there is caramelized bananas and banana creme protein involved too?
This recipe is so simple, it’s hard to believe that something this simple can taste so darn delicious. I guess what they say is true… sometimes less is more. Let’s take a closer peek at this 15-minute Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal, shall we?
☆ gluten-free quick oats
☆ Svelte Banana Creme Organic Protein Shake
☆ maple syrup
☆ almond extract
☆ toppings: caramelized bananas, walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon
That’s it! It’s the perfect solution to quick + simple + healthy.
Other than the fact that Svelte Organic Protein Shakes are absolutely delicious, they are vegan, gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, have a low-glycemic index, and contain complex carbohydrates which give you sustained energy longer. There is only 6 grams of sugar in all their flavors, including their newest, Banana Crème which I used in this recipe.
Being that I eat a vegan diet, I am always looking for ways to get more protein in my diet and Svelte is an easy, perfect way to do so. You can enjoy them straight from their eco-friendly packaging, or get creative and add them to your favorite recipes in place of your milk as I did with this Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal! Head on over to Svelte’s website to check out their other amazing flavors and to locate them in a store near you!
As always, I love to hear what you think about my recipes, so be sure to comment below and tag me on Instagram or Facebook! Until next time…
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1 carton (11oz) Svelte Banana Crème Organic Protein Shake
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- pinch salt
- chopped walnuts
- chia seeds
- caramelized bananas, (below)
- 1.5 bananas, (use the remaining half banana from the oatmeal)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Prepare your oatmeal via stovetop according to package directions using the Banana Crème Protein Shake instead of water
- Chop your banana into small-medium sized pieces
- Stir in the maple syrup, pure almond extract, cinnamon, salt, and banana
- Serve in bowls topped with chopped walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, and caramelized bananas
- Slice your bananas
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat
- Add the cinnamon and maple syrup, then add your sliced bananas in a single layer and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
** caramelized banana recipe adapted from Chef Shamy