This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Simple Mills. The opinions and text are all mine. The Simple Mills products mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift from to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Mama always said to eat your breakfast, and that sure has never been an issue with me as breakfast (used to be) my favorite meal of the day. But that was when I could enjoy the traditional breakfasts we all swoon over. I sort of fell out of love with breakfast over the past few years- it just suddenly became so much work. That is until now!
This Banana Bread Breakfast Pizza is so simple to make with my favorite banana bread mix from my friends over at Simple Mills! In just 15-20 minutes the banana bread pizza crust is ready to be slathered with the chocolate tahini “sauce” and topped with banana, granola, cacao nibs, and walnuts! Holy breakkie yum yums amiright??!
So not only is it scrumptious, easy to make, and gets in some of those nutrients those so called “traditional” breakfasts lack, this Banana Bread Breakfast Pizza will give you (and your kiddos) a couple days worth of breakfast goodness! Booya! Sometimes life gets crazy and we rush around searching for balance in a lot of different areas in our lifestyle. I believe that good, nutritious meals is one of those areas that “suffers” the most and it’s so easy to get knocked off track because it can take just that little extra effort to make a healthy, satisfying meal. Friend, I get you. With a toddler, I totally understand hittin’ the easy button, but I think that you’ll find that incorporating this recipe into your week can help you get “back to balance” by feeding your body with a more nutrient-rich breakfast.
Now banana bread is a star all on it’s own, especially the Simple Mills banana muffin & bread mix. With just 7 ingredients, you have one simple, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, soy free, dairy free mix ready to be mixed, baked, and devoured. I never feel bad about eating “from a box” with simple mills because I know that the ingredients are real, non-GMO, and true to what they stand for- simple. I’m pretty sure my pantry will be stocked with Simple Mills at all times. Head on over to THEIR WEBSITE to check out their other amazing products, including crackers, cookies, frosting in addition to thier baking mixes! And don’t forget to head out to your local Meijer to stock up on your favorite Simple Mills goodies! And until next time…
- 1 box Simple Mills Banana Bread & Muffin mix
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water)
Chocolate Tahini "Sauce"
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ~4 tbsp water
- 2 bananas
- cacao nibs, (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Make your flax eggs by stirring together the flaxseed meal and water and letting it set up for about 5 minutes (all the water will be absorbed and the flax will have a gel-like consistency)
- Empty your banana bread mix into a large bowl, add the melted coconut oil, water and flax eggs. Stir to combine well until a dough forms
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread the dough out into desired pizza shape with your hands, then bake in the oven for 15- 20 minutes
- While the crust is baking, make your chocolate tahini sauce by blending all sauce ingredients together in your blender, adding a little water at a time until you have a thick sauce (not runny)
- Take the crust out of the oven, and let it cool for just a bit while you slice your bananas and get the rest of your toppings ready
- Spread the chocolate tahini sauce over top of the crust and top with toppings
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days
- ** NOTE: I stored mine on the counter