Happy December! I think that December is my favorite month, especially because my son was born Christmas Eve last year (how is he almost one?!). So at this point I’ve got the Christmas music blaring, my three trees up, and I’m craving all the holiday goodies… cookies, pies, nog, hot chocolate, and the naughty list goes on. But if I am being completely honest with myself, and practical, I can’t or rather shouldn’t be having cookies and pie for breakfast. I’m not going to lie, this probably isn’t the most nutritious breakfast- but it’s so yummy, there’s only 3 ingredients, and it’s instantly ready for you when you wake up in the morning. With all the hustle and bustle this time of year, I call that a winner.
We have oats + your favorite non-dairy nog (I used Califia Farms Holiday Almond Milk Nog) + cinnamon. Ok, you caught me, I added a dollop of So Delicious non-dairy whipped cream too #donttellsanta. YUM! I enjoyed the big snowflake and gave the little one to my mini me- his eyes sure did light up! I suppose you could have this as dessert too, but I’m just gonna leave this in my breakfast rotation for now. Wishing you a very merry season! Until next week…
- 1 cup quick oats, (I used Bob's Redmill Gluten Free oats)
- 1 cup almond milk nog, (I used Califia Farms)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- non-dairy whipped topping, (I used So Delicious coconut whipped topping)
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar/tupperware container, place the lid on and shake until well combined. Chill in your fridge overnight to have a ready-made breakfast in the morning!
- Optional: Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with non-dairy whipped topping